Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Mandalay Bay

Fresh off the plane, a few hours of sleep, and a wardrobe change later......*poof*, we're @ Mandalay Bay hotel.
Since this was a "kiddo included" trip, we wanted to do as many interesting and fun things as possible. So our first stop was the shark reef.


Thank you lil boo for taking this pic of the rest of the fam bam. I decided to take our big whopper camera (that the bf likes to carry around his neck like a tourist), and our little kodak point and shoot camera for the kiddos to use. I thought it would be fun to compare the photo perspectives at the end of the trip.


This was the one and only hot day. Every day after this was about 20 degrees colder. Hence, this is the only "shorts" day we had.


The only sh*tty thing about family trip pics is that someone is always missing. But I have to say that this is probably my biggest feature of all our vacays. Usually I'm in like 1 or 2 pictures, but the bf was having so much fun being the photographer, that I had no other choice but to pose : )


They had a touchy/feely tank full of different kinds of rays. I think the ones featured in this little train are called hermit rays (or something like that), but they basically just go around and around the tank lined up like this. Super cute right?! Well, I found out that the front one is the male and the other two are females......go figure. The bf liked that.


And they have this super huge, dark tank filled with neon pink, glow in the dark jelly fish.
They also have huge tanks full of fish, sharks, turtles, and a walk through tunnel where everything swims all over and around you.


I think it was a successful first stop for our travelling caravan.
Next stop M & M world, MGM, and shopping!!

Shark teeth smiles,
XoXo

No comments: