Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Trinkets and tile

This weekend is going to be a busy one. And I am hoping that my post on Monday will be about our new tile flooring that has been completed. *Cross your fingers*

Until then........good buys:


Ross find!!
$5.99


I am so proud of my Ross. Not only have they been super helpful in the home decoration project, but they seem to be rather organized for the holiday season.


Target find!
$14.99 ( I think)
We are in the process of lining our shelves (see below), but we also wanted something to hold our toaster since we want to keep the counters clear, and try to put it away if we're not using it. *Side note: you know that a 4-slice toaster is the shizzle right?!
Anyway, we found this dazzling red serving tray @ Target in their Xmas decor aisle. Yay! Mama loves red!


Moving on to the infamous shelf liners. We bought the last 6 rolls they have (so I hope they're ordering more), at $5.99 each. Now these liners are super cute, but like everything else that's "not standard", you don't get much for your money. One roll basically did these two shelves, which are about 34" x 18".

And I know I was the one that didn't want plain, old, fugly white liners, but come on Target. Give us fashionistas a break!


Now.........Ladies & Gentlemen..........Drum roll please.............
May I present........The Tile!! (This is where the crowd roars loudly)


I know, I know, I'm a dork. It's just that you guys have no idea how long I've been waiting for this moment (*tear*). This moment marks the beginning of appliances being put in.
Well, I'm jumping ahead about 5 steps, but I can see the tiny light shining through the end of the tunnel.
As you can see, we are in the process of laying out the tile so we can make the least amount of cuts possible but still achieve the "staggered" pattern we are going for. And why do I keep saying we? I am not involved in this process at all, except when it comes to the final approval stamp. My job is to make sure the 3 kids and 1 cat do not f*ck it up, before daddy goes ballistic.
Oooh, oooh.....and there is some major appliance sales going on right now for Veterans' Day. And....there's more.....Lowe's and Home Depot are offering an additional 10% off sale prices to veterans!! Thanks papa for helping us out on that one!

Wish me luck on my shopping this weekend,
XoXo

No comments: