Thursday, December 1, 2011

Book Review-The Help

I have a bad habit.
I love reading. Magazines, books, blogs, pretty much anything.
I started reading The Help about 2 weeks ago. And with my life being so hectic, I usually take months to actually finish anything I start reading.  

{book}

Well, work has been hectic, I've had a lot on my mind, blah, blah. Because of this, I was having a really  hard time sleeping this past Tuesday . Tossing, turning, and tossing some more. So I decided to grab my handy dandy lil book, and read some, in the hopes that it would make me sleepy. Well, it actually had the opposite effect. Seeing as I was only about 100 pages away from the end, I couldn't put it down. I needed to finish it. So I stayed up til 3am finishing my book. (And yes, I was a grouchy b*tch bear on Wednesday)

This book does an excellent job of reminding us how much we have matured as people and as a society. It is such a well written book that at times it's easy to forget the real issues being portrayed. The struggles people have had to endure to get us to where we are today can sometimes be forgotten when we don't have to experience it first hand. Consider this book a friendly reminder.
Congratulations to Kathryn Stockett on a job well done. I can see this as the start to a wonderful series.

Bookworm out,
XoXo

No comments: