Tuesday, November 30, 2010

I love the Holidays!!

YEAH!! I've been waiting to say that since the beginning of November. Don't get me wrong-I love Thanksgiving. The gathering of the fam bam, the food, the extra days off from work :0)
But to me, once Black Friday hits, that officially marks the beginning of Christmas.
Speaking of Black Friday, I dragged my sleepy lil butt (and my brother's and his gf's) all around town from 10pm to 8am the next morning, all in a futile attempt @ getting the best deals.
I did manage to get some super duper deals, but I also missed out on a lot too. Oh well, you can't get it all. Plus, I would've ran out of $$$$$ if I did manage to get everything on my list, haha.

Other than that, we've still been working on the bathroom.
I never realized how long it actually takes when you do it yourself. I mean, you see the shows on HGTV, and the magic of television allows you to be fooled to believe it is possible to get it all done in a weeks time.
Life lesson learned, lol.
But, the patience is paying off. This is what the bathroom looks like now, and I have to say that I am so proud and thankful for my bf and father in law. They both tackled this project with 110% and the enthusiasm hasn't faded yet.
It just needs some finishing touches and we'll be back in business.
Did I mention I love it? Well, I do!!! Love, Love, Love it! It is a huge improvement from the "bathroom before" and I can't wait to be able to use it!
Work has been busy, busy, busy. And, as you can see, I've got the Etsy site up and running. Let me tell you, it is not at all as easy as I thought it was going to be. In fact, it is the total opposite!
So, I am constantly struggling with balancing time between the kids, work, Etsy, designing, and just life in general.
I appreciate the patience as I took weeks to update my blog, and I hope I can be disciplined enough not to let the time lag like that again.
My early New Year resolution starting December 1st, is to write down and accomplish one Zaia related goal everyday. Hmmmm........maybe I can keep track of that here, like the Julia Childs movie.............
Here's to trying!
XoXo



No comments: