Friday, April 8, 2011

My Luvs

Today is my big boy's birthday.........5 years old!!

I can't believe how the time has flown by. All of my kids are getting so big so fast. :(

It's bitter sweet for all mama's. I love seeing how my kids mature and develop and do amazing things, but at the same time, I miss my babies!!

I have to steal hugs & kisses whenever I can from my "big boys". And it seems like my wallet is stuck in a constant state of open, lol.


So, I have to indulge in little pleasures for myself whenever I can............like doing my nails :) YAY!

So, I've been doing "gel" nails for about 3 months, and I LOVE IT!! The pros are: I can go about three weeks before I need to get them done again. They don't chip or flake. They grow out from the bottom just like acrylics. They aren't costly at all! It's pretty much the same price as getting a regular manicure. And they are absolutely cement dry by the time you leave the salon.......dbl yay!! So, if you're like me, and always end up dragging your kid with you to do your nails, you don't have to worry about smudging them after. There are loads of colors to choose from, or you can do french tips. They look gorgeous!! I love them! (Oh wait, I already said that, lol) **FYI- I hate doing my own nails. I never have the time to do it and I totally suck at it and end up painting half my hand in the process.** The cons are: When you go in to change your color, the removal process is totally funky. They wrap your nail in a gel polish remover soaked cotton ball and foil and let you sit for like 5-10 minutes. So you look totally funky with foil witch nails for a bit. Then they literally scrape the old gel polish off. Which kind of freaked me out the first time. I mean, it doesn't hurt, and they aren't doing it roughly, but it sure threw me for a loop. And it takes a loooooong time. You have to put your nails in the gel drying machine over and over again. So, it takes about an hour. When I do a pedi on the same visit, I am there for a good 2 hours and then some. But, it's the sacrifices we make to look good right? All and all, I totally love the gel polish and I am going to stick with it for a while. Super sleek and polished, XoXo

No comments: